Scriptwriters intending to join the Genre Film Scriptwriting Contest of the Film Development Council of the Philippines are reminded that the deadline for submission is September 30, 2013.
For guidance, here are the salient points of the genre scriptwriting contest.
1.Open to Filipino scriptwriters for film.
2. The entries will consist of a storyline/synopsis and a full screenplay for feature films confined to the genres of: action, comedy, fantasy, horror, thriller, futuristic and a hybrid of any two or three.
3. The entries in the competition may be written in Filipino or any local dialect in the Philippines.
4. If the entries are in a language other than Tagalog, they must be accompanied by English subtitles.
5. The winning scripts shall be awarded cash prizes: the first six best with Php200,000 and the next six with Php100,000.
6. In consideration of the patrimonious nature of the contest, all rights of the winning scripts will be owned by the national government.
7. The FDCP, along with respective production companies with which it has inked partnership, shall exercise the sole prerogative to accordingly conscript directors, cast, crew for the films to be made out of the winning scripts to form part of the official selection for the festival’s 2013 edition set for the mid-year.
8. Deadline for submissions shall be no later than midnight of September 30, 2013.Entries sent by registered mail or courier should not be postmarked later than the deadline. Entries must be submitted to the FDCP office in Makati City and must be addressed as follows:
Genre Film Scriptwriting Competition
Thru: Mr. Teodoro Granados
Film Development Council of the Philippines
26th Floor, Export bank Plaza
Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue corner Chino Roces Avenue
Contestants may only submit one script title; multiple submissions arenot allowed and any contestant who submits multiple works, whether under the same genres or multiple ones, shall be disqualified. Contestants must supply four (4) hard copies of heir scripts.
9. Winners will be announced on December 16, 2013.
10. Entry forms can be downloaded from www.fdcp.ph and are available at FDCP Makati office: 26th Floor, Export Bank Plaza building, Chino Roces Ave. corner Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. (Buendia), Makati City.
11. Duly accomplished entry forms may be submitted ahead of the full screenplay to accordingly signify interest of participation.
Your FEEDBACK can be posted at www.filmacademyphil.org/forum/