The New Wave Section for full length indie films of the 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival will be held from Tuesday, Dec. 18, to Saturday, Dec. 22 at the Glorietta Cinemas in Makati City.
The official entries are: “Ad Ignoratium” produced by Quantum Films, “Gayak” of Pro.Pro Artist, “Nomine Matris” of Hubo Productions, “Paglaya sa Tanikala” of Kuwentista Production Inc. and “The Grave Bandits” of Paper Boat.
The filmography for the five New Wave films:
• Ad Ignorantiam, directed by Armando Lao, is about law and justice as experienced from the point of view of an ordinary citizen. It stars Kristoffer King, Ina Feleo, , Kimmy Maclang, Mercedes Cabral, Raquel Villavicencio, Laurice Guillen, Archi Adamos and Allan Paule.
• Gayak, directed, by Ronaldo Bertubin, focuses on the story of a tailor who tries to raise his son through panata. It stars Sef Cadayona, Evelyn Vargas, Richard Bradley and Allan Paule.
• In Nomine Matris, directed by Will Fredo, is the story of a young woman caught in a love triangle with a flamenco dance protégé and a lover.
• Paglaya sa Tanikala, directed by Michael Angelo Dagñalan portrays a modernized character of a saint played by Matteo Guidecelli.
• The Grave Bandits, directed by Tyrone Acierto, is a zombie film with a blend of horror and comedy starring Jill Palencia, and Milliard Keung.
MMFF is now on its 3rd year in recognizing independent films. “We, at the MMFFP strongly believe that the independent film movement has been and will continue to be a great source of fresh and new film visionaries in the Philippines. We look forward to the MMFF New Wave Festival being a big part of that,” MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino said.
Meanwhile, the eight official entries in the 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) are as follows:
• The Strangers of Quantum Films (starring Enrique Gil, JM de Guzman, Enchong Dee and Julia Montes), directed by Lawrence Fajardo;
• Sa’yong Sinapupunan (Thy Womb) of Center Stage Productions and Solar Entertainment (starring Bembol Roco, Lovi Poe, Mercedes Cabral and Nora Aunor), directed by Brillante Mendoza;
• Sisteraka of ABS-CBN Film Productions, Inc. and Viva Communications, Inc. (starring Vice Ganda, Kris Aquino and Daniel Padilla), directed by Wenn Deramas;
• One More Try of ABS-CBN Film Productions, Inc. (starring Dingdong Dantes, Zanjoe Marudo, Angel Locsin and Angelica Panganiban), directed by Ruel Bayani;
• Si Agimat, Si Enteng Kabisote at Ako of OctoArts Films, M-Zet Productions, Imus Productions, APT Entertainment and GMA Films (starring Bong Revilla, Vic Sotto and Judy Ann Santos), directed by Tony Reyes;
• Sosy Problems of GMA Network Films (starring Roderick Paulate, Mikael Daez, Aljur Abrenica, Robert Arevalo, Tim Yap, Solenn Heussaff, Maxene Magalona, Isabelle Daza and Bianca King), directed by Randolf “Andoy” Ranay;
• Shake, Rattle & Roll 14 of Regal Entertainment, Inc. (all-star cast), directed by Chito Roño; and
• El Presidente of Scenema Concept Int’l, Inc. (starring Jeorge E.R. Estregan, Nora Aunor, Cristine Reyes and many others), directed by Mark Meily.
The 2012 MMFF will kick off with a Parade of Stars on Dec. 23 (Sunday), with the Gabi ng Parangal set for Dec. 27. The filmfest officially ends on Jan. 7, 2013.
Your FEEDBACK can be posted at www.filmacademyphil.org/forum/