Those interested to join the 1st National Film Competition of the Film Development Council of the Philippines have until this coming Tuesday to submit their entries.
The competition aims to select and provide seed money for the production of nine feature films, three full-length docus and three short animated films, based on the winning screenplays.
The winning finalists will be announced on Dec. 20 and filming will start in January, 2012. Finished films should be submitted on or before April 30, 2012. The National Film Competition festival will be held in May, 2012 in Davao City or Cebu City. The announcement of winners and awarding of prizes will be the highlight of the Filmfest.
The guidelines for the competition are as follows:
* Open to Filipinos who have not written or co-written, directed or co-directed more than three films, documentaries or animated features.
* Three categories: feature films, full-length documentaries and animated short films.
* Feature film and full-length documentary categories will be in three divisions—Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
* Animated short film competition will be nationwide.
* Feature film and documentary entries must use language/dialect indigenous to setting.
* Seed grants for production will be awarded as follows:
a. Feature film: P600,000 per film for nine films (three per division)
b. Full length documentary: P300,000 per film for three films (one per division)
c. Animated short film: P100,000 per film for three finalists nationwide.
*Detailed guidelines and application forms available at www.fdcp.ph.
Your FEEDBACK can be posted at www.filmacademyphil.org/forum/