The 2012 Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival and Competition is accepting entries to the New Breed Section and the Directors Showcase categories. Deadline for submission is on August 31, 2011.
Entries are being accepted at the CCP Media Arts Division, 4th Floor, CCP Main Building, CCP Complex, Pasay City.
Interested participants must submit the following requirements on or before 6:00 PM, 31 August 2011 (Wednesday):
• A duly completed application form.
• Synopsis (1 page, not more than 300 words).
• Detailed sequence treatment (between 50-60 sequences, double spaced, letter-sized bond paper, 1 inch margin all around, 12 points, Courier). Name(s) of Proponent(s) must not be written on any page of the synopsis and detailed sequence treatment.
• A brief résumé/bio-data & two (2) recent 2×2 photos of the proponent(s)
• Samples of previous film/video work in DVD.
All entries must be submitted in a long brown envelope properly labeled with proponent’s name, title and contact details.
The New Breed category is open to Filipino filmmakers who have not yet directed more than three full length commercial feature films while the Directors Showcase is open to full length feature works by Filipino directors who have directed at least three full-length commercial feature films.
Ten finalists will be chosen for the Full Length Feature (New Breed) category. Each will receive a P500,000 seed grant from the Cinemalaya Foundation as investment for the production. The Best Full Length Feature Film will receive a prize of P200,000 and the Balanghai Trophy.
Five finalists will be selected for the Directors Showcase. Each will receive a P500,000 seed grant from the Cinemalaya Foundation. The Best Film in the Directors Showcase will receive a prize of P300,000 and the Balanghai Trophy.
Your FEEDBACK can be posted at www.filmacademyphil.org/forum/