Calling for the nominations to the UP GAWAD PLARIDEL 2005!
Gawad Plaridel is named after Marcelo H. Del Pilar whose nom de plume is Plaridel. He is the selfless propagandist whose stewardship of the reformist newspaper LA SOLIDARIDAD helped crystallize nationalist sentiments in the 1890s.
The UP College of Mass Communication is now accepting nominations of an outstanding FILM Practitioner such as Producer, Director, Scriptwriter, Actor, etc.
Like Plaridel, the awardee must believe in the vision of a Philippine society that is egalitarian, participative and progressive, and in media that is socially responsible, critical and vigilant, liberative and transformative, and free and independent.
1. Must have produced a body of work that is marked by excellence and social relevance.
2. Must be known for integrity and probity.
3. Must have achievements recognized by national and international awards.
4. Must be willing to prepare and deliver a lecture on an issue relevant to the state and practice of Philippine media.
WHO CAN NOMINATE?
Institutions such as media corporations, professional media associations, media advocacy groups, educational institutions, cultural foundations and NGOs.
HOW TO NOMINATE:
1. A nomination letter signed by the head of the nominating institution that contains the justification for nomination;
2. A copy of the board resolution supporting the nomination, signed by the Secretary of the Board;
3. A full curriculum vitae of the nominee that includes the person’s educational background, list of significant works and list of national and international awards and recognition, as well as personal information like birth date, address, etc.;
4. Copies of five (5) major representative works of the nominee in VHS, VCD or DVD format;
5. Critical articles by respected individuals on the nominee or his/her works;
6. Latest color photograph of the nominee, at least 5×7 inches in size.
he above-listed documents should be submitted to UPCMC, Diliman, Quezon City together with the NOMINATION FORM below not later than April 1, 2005.
UP GAWAD PLARIDEL
Due April 1, 2005
NAME OF NOMINEE ____________________________________
HEAD OF NOMINATING
Date Submitted ______________________________________
The recipient of the award will receive the UP Gawad Plaridel trophy and a cash prize of Php 100,000. He/she will also have a place of honor at all ceremonies and functions of the College. The awardee’s photograph will be hung at a Gawad Plaridel gallery in an appropriate place in the College.
For more information, you can call the UPCMC Office of Extension and External Relations at 920-6864 or visit www.cmc.upd.edu.ph.