The Movie and Television Review and Classification Board will conduct a consultative meeting on its proposed revised schedule of fees and administrative penalties on Thursday, November 26.
The meeting will be held at 2 p.m. at the Board Lounge of the MTRCB offices on the 6th Floor, President Tower, 81 Timog Avenue, Q.C.
Chairperson Ma. Consoliza P. Laguardia sent concerned companies and organizations a memorandum inviting them to the consultative meeting and requesting that they confirm their attendance with Gloria delos Reyes, board secretary, thru tel. No. 925-5007.
The revised schedule of fees imposed a 15 percent increase on the old rates for the following: review fees, miscellaneous fees, processing fees, surcharges for special reviews, annual registration fees, surcharge and checking fees.
For instance, the review fees for both local and foreign movies will be increased from P8,250 to P9,500.
In the case of annual registration fees, the increases are as follows:
Film producers/production oufits/blocktimers/
importers and exporters/ distributors…………. from P3,500 to P4,025
Film post-production studios/laboratories……. from P3,500 to P4,025
Class A (aircon)………………………………….. from P3,500 to P4,025
Class B (non-aircon)…………………………….. from P1,750 to P2,012
Metro Manila television stations……………….. from P7,000 to P8,050
Provincial TV stations…………………………… from P4,000 to P4,600.
The revised schedule of administrative penalties, meanwhile, imposes penalties for first to fourth offenses in 15 violations, namely:
1. Operating with no or invalid certificate of registration.
2. Showing of motion picture, television programs or publicity material with no permit to exhibit.
3. Tampering with, or illegal insertions in, the film print, movie or TV material.
4. Tampering with the Permit to Exhibit or Using a Tampered or Altered Permit.
5. Showing of scenes that are immoral, indecent, contrary to law, good custom or public policy, or other scenes that are prohibited under Sec. 3 © of P.D. No. 1986.
6. Showing of a motion picture, television program or publicity material unfit to its proper classification rating.
7. Admission of a person not suited to the film’s proper classification rating.
8. Exhibition, publication or display of unapproved/disapproved still photos, billboards, leaflets, posters, layouts, photo frames or other publicity materials.
9. Non display of parental guidance rating in television programs classified as such.
10. Non printing of classification rating or publication of incorrect classification rating in newspaper or other advertising materials.
11. Non display in a conspicuous place of an MTRCB permit or the proper classification rating certificate.
12. Non admission of a person who is a holder of a valid MTRCB ID or a holder of a valid MTRCB deputy card.
13. Non posting of an approved standee in the theater’s lobby or entrance.
14. Export/import of motion picture or television program with no valid permit issued by the MTRCB.
15. Non display of MTRCB seal of approval in all still photos, photo frames or posters approved for public display.
Your FEEDBACK can be posted at www.filmacademyphil.org/forum/