The executive committee of this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival (Philippines) has announced a slogan contest which is open to all.
Manny Nuqui, execom member, said that a prize of P5,000 will be given to the winning entry. Entries may be submitted to the Film Academy of the Philippines or the Motion Pictures Anti-Piracy Council offices which are both located at the OctoArts building on Panay avenue. He added that an entries must be contained be in sealed envelopes with the handwritten or typed slogan and the name and address of the one submitting the entry.
The deadline for the submission of entries is September 15, 2005.
The slogan will be used as the year’s theme for the forthcoming festival in an effort to generate interest and awareness to ensure the box-office success of the filmfest, Nuqui added.
The MMFFP 2005 has so far selected seven of the ten entries based on submitted screenplays. The three other entries will be culled from eight films who had signified intention to submit finished products. These three additional films will start showing on January 1 after a week’s exhibition of the seven films earlier selected.
The seven films, which already began or are about to begin shooting, are the following:
– Exodus, Tale of the Enchanted Kingdom, an action-fantasy film produced by Imus Productions, Inc. starring Ramon Bong Revilla Jr., Aubrey Miles and Iya Villania and directed by Erik Matti.
– Mulawin, the Movie, a fantasy film produced by GMA Films starring Richard Gutierrez and Angel Locsin and directed by Dominc Zapanta and Mark Reyes.
– Enteng Kabisote 2…Okey Ka, Fairy Ko (The Legend Continues) , a comedy-fantasy film produced by OctoArts Films and M-Zet TV Productions starring Vic Sotto, Kristine Hermosa, G. Toengi, Bing Loyzaga, Aiza Seguerra, Michael V. and Oyo Boy Sotto and directed by Tony Reyes.
– Kutob (tentative title), a horror-suspense film produced by Canary Films starring Diether Ocampo and Rica Peralejo and directed by Jose Javier Reyes.
– Ako Legal Wife, a comedy film produced by Regal Entertainment Inc. starring Jay Manalo, Zsa Zsa Padilla, Ruffa Mae Quinto and John Pratts and directed by Joel Lamangan.
– Shake, Rattle and Roll, a horror film trilogy produced by Regal Entertainment Inc. starring Rainier Castillo, Dennis Trillo, Izza Calzado and Yasmin Kurdi and directed by Maryo J. de los Reyes.
– Nasaan Ka nang Kailangan Kita?, a drama film produced by Good Harvest Unlimited starring Christopher de Leon, Judy Ann Santos and Angelika Panganiban and directed by Joel lamangan.
The execom reminded participating producers of some important deadlines regarding the MMFFP 2005 entries:
November 15—deadline for the submission of trailers for the seven entries selected based on screenplays.
December 1—deadline for the submission of finished films comprising the first batch
December 5—deadline for the submission of certificates of completion for the second batch of film entries and start of screening of the finished prints which will be submitted
December 10—announcement of the three official entries comprising the second batch and deadline for the submission of trailers for the second batch